These Terms and Conditions govern your use and access of our website www.makeawishentertainment.co.uk. By using our website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Make A Wish Entertainment Limited, trading as www.makeawishentertainment.co.uk, reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
1.2 About Us
We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under Company No. 6906249
1.3. Pricing, Product Descriptions & Availability
All prices displayed on this web site are inclusive of VAT at 20%
1.4. Payment Options and Contract
We accept all major credit cards and debit cards. (Please call us on 0113 322 7988 if you would like to pay over the telephone or via cheque). You will receive an email confirming receipt and acceptance of your order.
Please note that it is your responsibility to check the suitability of items for the age of the children for whom you are purchasing. Some items may be a choking hazard for small children. We can not guarantee that our cakes are nut free unless requested, please contact us if you have specific dietary requirements.
No credit card details are taken or stored on this website. When you pay for an order you are redirected to the secure servers of Sagepay, one of the biggest payment providers in the UK. More information is available here http://www.sagepay.com/secure_shopping
Any personal details and information you provide us so that we can satisfy your order and future orders as efficiently as possible is treated as strictly private. We do not pass on or sell any information to 3rd parties. Make A Wish Entertainment is registered as required by the Data Protection Act 1998. All data processed through the Make A Wish Entertainment and Fantasy Kids Clubs websites is handled solely by Make A Wish Entertainment employees and is kept private and confidential.
All employees or Make A Wish Entertainment are trained to the highest standards and have many years experience in working with children. All our entertainers have up to date clearance from the Criminal Records Bureau and are cleared to work with children. Our energetic children's entertainers/teachers will always provide a safe, caring environment for your little one. Make A Wish Entertainment is also registered on the voluntary OFSTED register and we have a paediatric first aider at every holiday camp or workshop run through Fantasy Kids Clubs.
1.9. Characters and Entertainers
Actors provided as a character for parties and other events may not be the same actor that appears in character photographs on the Make A Wish Entertainment website. Our characters are not name brand copyrighted characters. Our characters are either generic or from the public domain. We can only accept bookings from individuals who are aware that we do not represent any licensed characters. If you require a licensed, copyrighted character for your event, you should contact the company/copyright holders. Please do not confuse our characters with the Walt Disney Company's trademarked characters. Make A Wish Entertainment has no association with the Walt Disney Company.
1.10. Mailing List
We may send out newsletters from time to time or notification of special offers. You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time by logging in to your account or emailing us at [email protected] from the email address you would like to unsubscribe.
1.11. Linked Services
We may have provided links to other websites that we feel may be of interest to you. However, all the services and products provided by these websites are the responsibility of the companies which operate these websites.
None of this website may be stored or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written consent of Make A Wish Entertainment Limited.
1.13. Governing law
These terms & conditions, information and any contract arising between you and Make A Wish Entertainment Limited trading as Make A Wish Entertainment, Make A Wish Parties, Fantasy Kids Clubs, Wishes for Schools, or Kids4Camera are governed by English Law.
Should you have any reason to complain about your Make A Wish Party or the service you have received, then please put your complaints in writing to: The Director, Make a Wish Entertainment, Unit 9 Beech Avenue Business Park, Harrogate HG2 8DS. We endeavour to respond to your complaint within 14 working days.
Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd
Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd takes the privacy of its customers and workers very seriously and will only record and use personal information to maintain workers’ records, administer payroll, maintain customer accounts and in the course of providing our services to customers. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our customers and workers, how we use it, share it and how we keep it secure.
In collecting and processing personal data we ensure that we protect the privacy of the data in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). This means that we:
- Protect the privacy of any individual we hold personal data on, to include customers, parents, children, workers and suppliers
- Store the data securely to prevent data breaches, including unauthorised or unlawful access and accidental loss, destruction or damage
- Only collect and store data for specific and legitimate purposes
- Only store data for a valid period of time relevant to the purpose for which it was collected
- Dispose of data securely
- Only share data with valid third parties with prior consent from data subjects
Personal Data we may collect from you:
We collect personal data from you verbally in person and over the telephone, from e-mails and from our website contact form, which will include, but is not limited to, the following data:
- E-mail addresses
- Phone numbers
- School attended
- E-mail addresses
- Phone numbers
- National Insurance numbers
- Dates of birth
- Medical details
- Bank account details
- Work experience
- Physical attributes
- Emergency contacts names and phone numbers
Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd only collects, uses and stores personal data, where there is a legitimate requirement for the data to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations with our customers and workers.
We will only use the data for its original purpose, as detailed below, and, if we need to use it for another purpose, we will contact you to obtain your consent.
We will store your data securely, in as few locations as possible and it will only be accessed by the Director and Finance team as required to fulfil their job role.
We will review stored data regularly, to ensure that it is accurate and up to date and that it still needs to be stored.
It is the responsibility of the data subject to inform us of any changes to their personal data so that we can update our records and ensure that the personal data we hold is up to date and accurate.
We will provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold on you if you submit a Subject Data Request.
Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd does not carry out any direct marketing to its customers or workers.
Collection of Data:
Personal data is collected from customers when they first enquire about our services or when they book an event, via the telephone, e-mail or the website contact form.
Personal data is collected from workers verbally or via e-mail when they commence working for Make a Wish Entertainment.
Further details, including bank details, are collected from workers’ invoices as part of the payroll process.
We also collect Personal data as part of the DBS process.
How We Use Your Personal Data:
The personal data collected from customers and workers will only be used to fulfil our contractual obligations, which include, but is not limited to:
- Contacting customers to arrange events
- Maintaining customers’ accounts and sending orders and invoices to customers
- Responding to queries about events and invoicing
- Contacting workers’ emergency contacts when required
- Processing bank transfer payments to workers through on-line banking software
As Data Subjects, customers and workers have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data we store. Such requests must be made in writing to Suzanne Vaughan at Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd and Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd will respond within one month of receiving the request.
Customers and workers also have the right “to be forgotten” and have their Personal Data removed from our records, however, this right is not available whilst the data is required to fulfil our contractual obligations. We may also need to continue to store the data to meet legal requirements.
Storage of Personal Data:
The Personal Data we collect from customers and workers will be stored within our management information system which is securely protected with passwords. Access will only be provided to the Director and the Finance team. Personal Data held in e-mails will be securely stored within our password protected e-mail account and only accessed by the Director and Finance team.
Data will be stored securely to avoid loss, misuse, unauthorised access and unlawful disclosure.
As an event organiser, Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd collects, uses and stores children’s Personal Data from parents. There is a greater need to protect children’s data as they are classed as vulnerable individuals. As some of the children are below the age of 16, we require parental consent to use their Personal Data.
We take additional care when processing our children’s data and ensure that it is only accessed by workers who require it to carry out their role.
Children’s data will be stored within our management information system which is securely protected with passwords.
Special Category Data:
Make a Wish Entertainment collects and stores some Special Category Data on worker, regarding physical characteristics, ethnic origin and health information, which could be used for discriminatory purposes. We take additional care when processing Special Category Data, due to the sensitive nature of the data, and ensure that it is only accessed by workers who require it to carry out their role.
Sharing Personal Data:
Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd does not share the Personal Data it collects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work is only carried out on a secure laptop protected by passwords, a firewall and security software.
- Computers are locked when left unattended.
- Data is not transferred onto personal storage.
- Data is not transferred using personal e-mail addresses.
- Paperwork is only disposed of at Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd, by shredding each document or permanently deleting electronic records
- Any data breaches are reported immediately to the Director
The Director, Suzanne Vaughan, is responsible for ensuring that all Personal Data collected and stored by Make a Wish Entertainment Ltd complies with the Data Protection Act 1998, GDPR and the guidance in this policy, to include:
- Ensuring that all customers and workers are made aware of the personal data held by Make a Wish Entertainment and their rights under GDPR and that they have access to this policy.
- Ensuring that all workers are fully trained and aware of their rights and responsibilities under GDPR.
- Ensuring data is only held and used for the legitimate purpose it is intended and is only accessed by those who are required to process it as part of their role.
- Obtaining consent from customers or workers if data is to be used for a purpose different from that which is was originally obtained.
- Ensuring data is only shared with legitimate third parties, with prior consent from the customer or worker.
- Ensuring all precautions are taken to ensure the safe storage of personal data, to include using passwords to secure electronic data.
- Ensuring data is disposed of in a secure manner
- Ensuring, where information is shared with third parties, that confirmation is obtained that any such parties comply with GDPR requirements.
- Informing The Information Commissioner (ICO) of any data breaches by the Officer within 72 hours.
- Investigating any data breaches to prevent any future incidents.
- Responding to any Subject Access Requests received from customers or workers within one month of receiving the request
- Regularly reviewing personal data held to ensure it is accurate and up to date.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, further information regarding the capture and storage of personal data is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk.
Whether or not you know exactly what you want, we can help you to create the perfect event!
Fantastic party. The team performed a BRAVE party for my daughters 7th birthday and the kids were spell bound for the entire party. Thank you Suzanne and Team.
Mrs Allen - UK
Our top what’s on guide for Families this Easter